View Single Post
      11-03-2021, 08:46 PM   #2
thenew3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7, 2016 X3, 2021 MME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refujeet View Post
Was curious if anyone else is thinking about going from an X7 to the iX.

We made the switch from the G05 X5 to the X7 because the backseat was too small for us. It was noticeable smaller than our 2016 X5! Regardless, we love the X7 (rear leg room, DHP handling and M50i engine), but I'm thinking of making the switch.

We have two small kids (2 and 5), so might start using the trunk more with activities…but the X5 trunk was good enough for our needs.

Considering the stellar reviews, we were thinking of making the switch. Anyone else having similar thoughts?
Do you use the 3rd row of the X7?

As your kids get older, they will have more play dates, or carpool for sports or other activities, That may require you to use the 3rd row more often which the iX does not have.

We have an X7, with 2 kids, (6 and 14) and with them doing school sports, clubs and other activities where parents routinely do carpool duties, we use the 3rd row quite often. So iX won't work for us.

I am thinking about replacing the wife's X3 with an iX or even better iX3 if they would bring that to the USA. She just needs a small suv to commute to work everyday. Her daily commute is about 6 miles each way, so an EV would be perfect. She doesn't need something the size of the iX, that's why we wish the iX3 would come here.
Appreciate 1
Refujeet263.50