View Single Post
      10-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #31
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmartyPants View Post
Very true. Our food system is FUBAR too. All of the affordable food is total rubbish. It's also very calorie dense and nutrient deficient. Where as the foods you should be eating are the opposite.
Good point, agreed! Don't even get me started, when you realize that the Food Pyramid was originally created by all of those lovely "Lobbyists" and then thrust upon us by the Govt, you can understand why certain crops/foodstuffs are subsidized, especially sugar, corn and dairy. The trick is to stay on the outer edges of the grocery store, most everything in the aisles is pure shit, packaged, processed and full of hydrogenated vegetable oil, and/or sugar. What's interesting, on the Wild Diet, is that I eat delicious food. Sticking to the rule of no dairy, grains and sugars, allows me to eat a lot of stuff that is not considered healthy, if you get your news from the media..... For example, I eat eggs everyday, and bacon, most days. I eat meat, fish and chicken. I miss rice, a lot, as I was a fan of the more exotic rices. I have substituted cauliflower rice (Trader Joe's) for rice, and spaghetti squash, instead of pasta, and so on. It's really a way of life as opposed to a "diet" in the traditional sense. I really missed my high carb "rehydrating" drinks on bike rides (I am a cyclist), but once I learned just what was in those drinks and how bad they really are for you, water tastes amazingly great. Instead of "diet soda", which is actually just poison in another form, I use a Soda Stream to carbonate filtered water, and throw in some berries and/or lemon to flavor it. The Green Smoothie is something you can get used to and actually learn to like - I use Kimberley Snyder's recipe, she has some epic smoothie recipes which go along with the Wild Diet - Google her.

Last edited by radiofrequency; 10-16-2017 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0