11-17-2019, 02:33 PM   #1513
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
First and foremost you don't want to rely on a brace. I have some back issues too, so you just have to be mindful at all time. Like other mentioned try to keep the load off you back. Especially if you're just getting back into things make sure you don't ego lift. Start with no weight and progress slowly. A slow progression is better another injury.

If you're working hard and start to feel pain don't push through. Stop, stretch it out, maybe some light cardio, and call it a day. One days sacrifice is nothing compared to numerous days of pain.

Find workouts that work for you. Be mindful about your injury. Continue to progress.

+1......also try and find exercises that use a back support. Like instead of Bent-Rows.....do something like a Hammer Row where you have a built in support pad.

Also...maybe ask your doctor if you can do strengthening exercise for your core such as hyper-extensions and ab exercises. If given the okay....start slowly and take your time progessing.

Find exercises that don't make you second guess yourself. You don't need deadlifts and barbell squats to build those respective areas. Just work on getting as much blood as possible into the muscle you are targeting.

Serge Nubret had one of the most aesthetic physiques of his era, and he was notoriously known for strictly "pumping workouts".

It's not worth screwing up your body for the rest of your life when I've seen people develop respectable physiques even just doing calisthenics.