View Single Post
      04-22-2021, 05:58 PM   #28
derrick
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, i03 i3s, f80

Hey Michael,

yep, basically an uninstall just to adjust dampening. If these allowed for adjusting from the bottom, that would of been great, but ive yet to seen any of the asian made (BC, Megan, etc) coilovers be adjustable from the bottom of the strut.

I never bother exploring getting any extenders to adjust because of how tight the front was, and well, the rears, you'd have to cut into the CF frame to even get access to it. Not worth it.

I no longer have the vehicle but am happy to see there's a lot of you guys taking the leap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozmikeuk View Post
Hi Derrick
Did you consider getting damper knob extenders? I think if you remove the rear boot trim, the top of the rear strut towers might be accessible. Having checked the front of the vehicle, the top of the strut mounts are tucked a bit further back under the wiper motors. There does however seem to be very little clearance above the top of the strut mounts to allow the extenders to be fitted.

It’d be interesting to know whether you investigated this as an option, and if so, whether there is sufficient clearance to fit the extenders.

Thanks mate
Michael
Appreciate 0