View Single Post
      07-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #39
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Again, it's about $6k over a Leaf when comparing a similar model. That's a good distance from $20k.

RWD dynamics aren't all about burnouts, simple things like steering feel, lack of understeer and braking control are greatly benefited by rwd and just don't feel the same in a car with 65% or more of the weight over the front and power and steering going through the wheel.

I have a three mile commute, so something that requires very little charging is appealing. I sold my M Coupe because it never saw coolant temp, much less oil temp on my commute. However I do make occasional road trips, so the range extender makes perfect sense and the driving dynamics of even a golf cart are more enjoyable than a Prius.

Remember, we're talking about a daily driver, not a sports car. My situation is likely very different than yours, so while I may like it, and you may hate it, neither side is necessarily more correct than the other.
Similar model, I like that. Helps with your argument doesn't it.

Doesn't change the fact the Leaf starts at $21k with tax credit.

http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I have a three mile commute, so something that requires very little charging is appealing. I sold my M Coupe because it never saw coolant temp, much less oil temp on my commute. However I do make occasional road trips, so the range extender makes perfect sense and the driving dynamics of even a golf cart are more enjoyable than a Prius.
Haaa...road trips. How far you going and how many stops are you making? This thing is not made for road trips.

Also if you want to save the planet. Quit being lazy and use a bike for your 3 mile commute.
Appreciate 0