View Single Post
      06-02-2015, 10:33 PM   #9
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
That's great. So I don't have to sell you on how good the image quality is on the Hikvision cameras. After seeing what a good quality IP camera can do, I'm just amazed why people are still settling with grainy, washed out, blurry images with their security camera setups. After all, the main reason to get a security camera is to capture evidence information in hopes to get a positive ID on any criminal invading your property.

I've hit a brick wall right now as I want to add one more camera to my system. I would like to get a PTZ but I'm not happy with the size of the PTZs I've been considering. I don't want this big dome extending from the corner of my house if I can help it. I've been consulting with the guys at Wrightwood and they've said Hikvision doesn't really have a good PTZ at a sub $1000 range. He says the Dahua SD59230S is the best performing camera at a decent price. If I go with the Dahua, I would have to get a second NVR to capture video on this camera as I can't use my existing Hikvision NVR with the Dahua. Decisions...decisions.
The only reason why I started looking at Hikvision is because one of my 720p cameras failed, and they don't sell them any longer. This turned into a ton of research, reading and making decisions on which brand to go with. I am not using the Hikvision NVR, but rather my PC. Right now I'm running five 720p cameras and one 1080p camera (my second Hikvision is not installed yet) and my PC barely breaks 30% CPU utilization. I wonder what it'll do once I have six or eight 1080p cameras though.

The PTZs are very nice, but yes, they are a bit too bulky for me to mount them on my house. Not sure if I'd need it either, although it would be a fun toy. Some of the 20x optical zooms are very impressive. There is a guy on one of the forum who tracked himself all the way to McDonalds or something.

I've also been impressed by how quick the video image goes from my system to my mobile device, even with poor signal on my phone. On my old system, it used to take minutes sometime. With the Hikvisions, it's up less than a second or two. Even in the highest picture quality, I don't have many issues.
Appreciate 0