11-26-2016, 10:00 PM   #1
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

How to know when I should stop cutting?

Hello all,

I started cutting back in early August of this year. I was 175 lbs and 15.5% BF. As of now, I have come down to 161 lbs and 12.5% BF. I have eaten very clean, kept my protein up, lifted 4-6 times per week, and did HIIT Cardio to help get from 170 lbs to my current weight. Aside from my bench press lowering ~10 lbs, my lifts have not changed.

My goal has been to get my BF % down and get more definition in my arms, chest, hollowed out cheeks, etc. Now while I do have more definition, it's not like I can walk around shirtless and feel good about my physique. At the same time, everybody is commenting on how I've become "much smaller" and I think it's hitting me mentally. I'm starting to wonder if I should continue cutting and try to lose another 10 lbs to get the definition I seek, or just say screw it and start bulking. Has anybody been in this position before? And even if you haven't, what are your thoughts?

A friend suggested that maybe I just don't have enough muscle for it to show, but I am not buying that. Aside from bench press, my lifts are in a pretty solid range for all muscle groups. I can list some out if anybody feels it would be relevant.

Thanks.

Last edited by Germanauto; 11-26-2016 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0