View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 09:52 AM   #1093
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Anyone had a dog with a partial acl tear? My dog has not gotten better and its been over 6 months. Any exercise and he is limping around and holding the leg up off the ground.

Sucks to see him like that, worried the other back leg might go and we'd have to put him down which I really don't want to do.

Surgery is too expensive. We are trying a weight loss regimen and keeping him on leash to limit the bursts of speed which I think is what keeps him triggering the tear.
Rosemary tore the ACL in both rear legs at different times. You can take the guess work out of it because they're definitely in pain. We had TPLO operations and the cost associated with both procedures was north of $10,000. We have pet insurance so they covered 90% of the cost. We got our dog at 8 weeks and bought the policy for her the day we got her (30 day lockout period). I'm not your "extended warranty guy" but the risk manager in me made it a no brainer. Even if there were no policy in force we would've paid. We view Rosemary as a family member and would never withhold care because it's "too expensive".

With all of the issues she's had, securing a policy early is one of the best financial decisions I've made. In total the policy has paid out close to $20,000 in about 3.5 years. She recovered nicely and is back to normal. She can run just as fast as before, catch frisbees, run gassers in the backyard, goes swimming, etc.
Appreciate 3
Joekerr7929.00
Rmtt8206.00
No one1037.00