View Single Post
      08-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #248
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I am maxing at 405lb right now but just have never really felt like I needed anything... my knees have been sore after my heavy days more lately so I figured I should nip that in the bud right away! Thanks for the suggestion.

I moved from just wearing my running shoes to actually getting some squat/lifting shoes in the last year and I am sad it took me so long to do so, it helped my form a bit and my numbers a little more. Figured I should try some of the other things I see out to see how much I like them as well.
Smart to start using them now if you are having some knee soreness. I also suggest getting some VooDoo floss (Rogue) and using it on your knees prior to squatting. I found flossing my knees helped warm them up and getting the blood into that area.

Definitely do not squat, especially heavy in any shoe with a thick foam/air pocket bottom/base. It will create instability in the foot under heavy load. Lifters are great but I don’t rely on them all the time. I also squat in a “flat” shoe ie Nano/Metcon which have a zero drop and some lateral support. You want your feet in the most stable direct contact with the floor.

Hope this helped! #SqwatMafia
Appreciate 0