View Single Post
      01-17-2019, 08:35 PM   #4
symple84
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18' SMB M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
I’m not a lawyer and not familiar with Florida rules but I’d bet you had only a few days to unwind the deal, if any, so it is now too late to do anything. But get a lawyer to confirm that (your paperwork should have a paragraph on your right of recission if FL does have that, so maybe save the lawyer fee and read the contract).

I’d guess that the discount they offered wasn’t the result of your negotiating skills but was a VW rebate, which probably said “cannot be combined with any other offer” including their low financing rate, which probably has the same language. Too late now to verify that, I’d bet, but check the VW website to see if maybe those offers are still there. Next time, do that before you go in and get some screen shots so you have a record. If I’m right, the dealer didn’t give you a dealership discount but did apply the factory discount, and also tried to gouge you on the destination charge. In my way of thinking, they took you because you weren’t well prepared and accepted their lines, instead of insisting on a discount and low financing rate, and reviewing the paperwork more thoroughly (dest charge) before signing. Lesson learned, hopefully not too expensive for you.

You’re a good son to help your mom get a car; don’t let this jade you.
The financing part doesn’t bother as much as the double charge of the destination fee. Definitely lesson learned and I’ve purchased tons of cars but this one slipped under my radar! I’m hoping there is something illegal about deceiving practices as described.

Thanks for your input though.
Appreciate 0