MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowMaker03TX View Post
I got an email today from BMW of NA.

"Due to a phasing out of the 3G network by cellular carriers, ConnectedDrive services can no longer be supported starting February 2022 for your BMW. The decision to phase out 3G network technology was made at the discretion of the respective cellular carriers and lies beyond the control of BMW."
"... complimentary Connected Package Professional or BMW Assist Safety Plan subscription will automatically be activated for your BMW until February 1, 2022."

There was no mentioning of converting the 3G to 4/5G.
(2) week 2017 REx owner here.
1st vehicle purchase since ......2003. (My daily driver, an 04 Dodge Dakota 4x4 at 208k needs a rest). For me, cruise control, and express down drivers side windows were luxuries.
Activated connected drive package with RTTI, managed to avoid plenty of traffic mess here in ATL.
I love seeing my charge status, since I do level 1 to full nightly. Caught it not charging a few times. (not plugged in all the way at wall)
Actually flipped open the app and caught my car door open (not fully closed)
98°F yesterday. Preconditioning kept me from smelling funky while waiting for the refrigerant to circulate.
Yanked the back bottom seat out, have a 4g com box.
Surely BWM wouldn't let a person register for services that are about to expire in 8 months.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615283.00