Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Waterbelly;28606940"
If these things really have significantly limited range - and thus fall in to somewhat a "supplemental" role for some rather than a replacement role for all, are we really accomplishing what we are trying to accomplish?

Is more cars driving the same number of total miles a good outcome? Is it more "green"? It takes a lot of energy to build these things. If the EV is an extra for putting around town (even for some portion of customers) is that success?
The point is to reduce a large number of pollution sources down to one slightly less polluting source.
The whole thought process of forcing EVs on consumers doesn't make sense to me given the data shows the bulk of emissions come from energy production and industrial uses, when combined. Yes, transportation makes up about 30% but that includes all transportation (cargo ships, trucks, trains, airlines, etc.). If we apply the same efforts to these other emission sources we'll see a much greater reduction. Plus where does the electricity for the extra energy come from for all these EVs?
The cars we drive around aren't making the difference but they're an easier thing to tackle.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 1
sq86363.00