Rep
Drives: '07 N54 e90, '10 N54 e93, TBSS

Garage List
2015 Tesla P85D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
Charging infrastructure is the biggest obstacle to any brand's mainstream electric vehicle... Tesla have understood that and have invested massively into infrastructure.

Now BMW and Nissan are collaborating, but I think the other major manufacturers need to be in that collaboration if they want to compete with Tesla.
Totally agree. We love our Leaf and after my experience with my M2 will likely jump ship over to the BMW i family after a few more years. The one let down is the dismal, disorganized, unreliable, network of chargers. We do 99% of our charging at home and the vast majority of the Leaf driving is within 40 miles of the house so that we can make it home on the same charge we left on. If we are faced with a trip that will require us to charge mid-way to make it home, we take the M instead. Showing up to the only charger for miles, with 20% charge left, only to find that charger broken is a real pain. Happened to us once and only once. Wont get burned like that again!
Sounds painful. So much range anxiety. Many of these nissan, i series, chevy bolt are $40k after taxes and dealer fees.

Used tesla's can be had at $45k.

So $5k more and get a $100k driving experience makes sense to me. Never a wait, and tesla only parking at busy venues.

Ive never had to use the public ev stations but that sounds as awesome as pay phones, gas station bathrooms, city bus, metra, and the subway. Id rather pay for gas at that point LOL!