02-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #79
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I haven't deadlifted in a good while, but when I did it was alternate grip, never was about using a belt. I was only pulling around 465 though. Unfortuantely I avoid going crazy heavy anymore, fucked up my right leg a while back(not gym related). Still have some pretty sharp hip pain when I'm deep in a squat. I should probably get it checked out haha.

Agree with everyone elses comments regarding motivation to get to the gym, before you know it it becomes second nature. Personally it's probably one of my favorite things to do, very relaxing and satisfying!
I agree......it sets the tone for the rest of my day. That's why I go so early in the morning.....I fell put through the ringer after my workout, but about an hour later I get a feeling of euphoria that kicks in, and I'm energetic the rest of the day!

Plus the gym is "my time". It's my chance to unleash all of my frustration from whatever is going on in my life. Best stress killer there is!

Pulling 465 isn't nothing to sneeze at. People put too much emphasis on weight in my opinion anyway. Body types play a huge role.

I'm a short guy (5'7") that happened to be blessed with the right mechanics to move some serious weight. But my range of motion is probably about half of a lot of you guys one here even though I do use a full range.

I've benched 4 plates, and Dead-lifted/Squatted 5 plates + change.

But if I see a guy who is 6'+ doing 3-4 plates respectively, my "hat is off" to him as he has a lot longer range to work through than I do.....and I know he had to bust his ass to get there.