View Single Post
      03-19-2019, 01:39 PM   #258
suspenceful
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i

Newcomer to this thread and the gym.

I'm almost 27 and have been eating fast food for every meal, drinking 2-3 sodas per day and consuming way too much beer for the past 5 years. Somehow that only adds up to 155lbs on a 5'9" guy.

I've always been skinny and struggled to put weight on throughout high school (105lbs) and college (115lbs). No matter what I ate, how much I ate or what I did... I was a twig.

About 2-3 years ago I got my desk job and finally started to gain weight. I was delighted to see 135lbs on the scale and no longer see my ribs. But then I quickly hit 145lbs and noticed the only area gaining weight was my gut. Recently I tipped past 155lbs and my midsection was a lot bigger than the rest of my body. I was disgusted with myself and decided to do something about it a few weeks ago.

I stopped drinking soda, cold turkey. I drink nothing but water now. I emptied my sugary snack drawer at my desk. I started meal-prepping healthy meals for every lunch and dinner of the week. I stopped overeating during meals or pointlessly eating out of bordem. It wasn't until I did this that I realized how much I enjoyed eating, especially bad food. The first week sucked and I felt hungover every single day.

Fast-forward almost 3 weeks later and here we are. I'm down from 155lbs to 147lbs and the only thing I changed was my diet. I feel better. My pants got slightly looser but I still have a gut. I'm sure dieting alone won't get rid of it.

What are some things I can start doing at the gym to turn this fat belly into a fit core? I'm not looking to bulk up into a monster, but I would like to tone what I have and maybe turn some fat into muscle. Some abs and pecs would be cool too.

I have a $10/mo membership to the local 24/7 gym. Can someone give me a personalized routine? A schedule with tips/workouts to do, otherwise I won't stick to it. I'd like to go 2-3 times per week, but I don't know what the hell to do there. I'm too cheap to pay for a personal trainer. Back in my college days I tagged along with some of my friends and did some crunches and bench pressed, but it's safe to say I don't really know what I'm doing.
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
Appreciate 0