View Single Post
      06-19-2021, 05:30 AM   #1
deathwish
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335D Sport iDrive

Question BMW dealerships that allow purchasing with a credit card?

Is there any list of dealerships that allow a BMW or at least 10% of it to be charged on an AMEX charge card?

I ask this question because every time I purchased or leased a bimmer in the past, I always used a charge card (that rewarded me with points). I was never told about any limit. The dealerships that accepted the cards were Wetchester BMW & Manhattan BMW. They are different from most other bimmer dealerships in that they were both owned by BMW NA. (Westchester BMW no longer exists. It was replaced by BMW of Westchester which is now an independent dealer.)

I leased my last bimmer from another dealership & when it came time to pay the down payment, they said that they do not accept AMEX at all. I never thought to ask if they accepted it but in hindsight, I would have looked for another dealership had I known prior to negotiating a price. The rewards points are really valuable.

I intentionally searched for my next bimmer using the American Express Auto Purchasing program (https://amexnetwork.truecar.com/) but to my surprise the dealerships only have to accept a minimum of $2,000 on the AMEX card to be included on the the list & the dealership I am purchasing my next X5 from, BMW of Mt Kisco will only accept a maximum of $2,500 on any credit card.

Is there any list of dealerships listing criteria such as the maximum they allow to be charged on an AMEX or any charge card or credit card? If not, can we start a thread that lists them?

Last edited by deathwish; 06-19-2021 at 05:37 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0