View Single Post
      11-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #1435
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Like JP10 stated...since you are still quite new to all of this as you have been mainly focused on weight loss....you have a huge advantage here to take.

Once you concentrate on building muscle, your gains are going to come along a lot more quickly than someone like me who has to carefully plan it out to try and gain maybe 5lbs a year of quality tissue.

I would find that baseline where your weight isn't moving. Cut cardio back to just being beneficial for heart health. When I do that, I only do about 10-15 minutes of HIIT cardio at the start of my workout.

It's just enough to benefit your cardiovascular system, and get you warmed up for the weights.

At that point, kill the weights in the gym. Don't worry about rest time between sets...wait until you are recovered and hit the next set. Pretty soon your body will get the message....then you let muscle growth dictate your diet. But milk every step in your calorie plateau for all you can. You will find that you actually will start losing some weight at previous calories that kept your body weight the same.

That is when you start slowly increasing things. Your body will change as it has no other choice but to adapt!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but my game plan has been that once I hit 15% body fat to increase calories by 200/day. I figure at this rate, this should add close to 2 pounds of lean muscle/month. As my weight/muscle increases, I will need to adjust my calories. I figure if I do this slowly, it should keep me relatively lean as I start to bulk at a gradual rate. As of now, I'm 139 and 17.5% body fat; I know, crazy skewed numbers but I went too hard on the cardio in the beginning and realize that now. That's really high bf% for that low of weight. I'd like to get to around 150-155 @ around 10-12% BF by May or June.

Does this seem realistic?

Also, as for carbs, I don't neglect them, but I make better choices in what I eat. Rice with quinoa, wheat based stuff, etc. I've been more focused on trying to keep my fats low, which is tough, and stay around .8 - 1g of protein/pound of body weight.
Appreciate 0