View Single Post
      11-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #1439
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Also...quick question. How are you measuring your body fat? I can tell you right now if you are relying on one of those hand-held or step-on "impedance" devices.....you aren't getting an accurate result.

You probably have a lower body fat than you think if using these devices. I have used the hand-held before at my monthly health screening by the wellness program at work..and it showed me at 16+%. Just that same morning in the gym...I was pinched by calipers and was 9.2%.

I can make those things change 5% by just drinking a glass of water and retesting.

You have mentioned before that you were seeing definition around your lower ab area...and that isn't happening at 17%. I bet you are closer to 14% than you suspect.
Glad you touched on this. I thought the same thing last week, so I bought a caliper off amazon and tried it. I'm not sure if I'm doing it exactly as I should be, but based off the chart that came with the caliper, I was surprised to find that the scale is more accurate then I though. I still don't think that it's dead-on, but it was close to what the chart stated. I need to look online and watch some videos, to ensure that I'm using the caliper correctly and check it again tonight. Based off the mirror, they aren't very defined, but the top 4 are clearly visible and the "V" around the hip area is very visible. Funny thing is, that in early morning, in low light, I look facking ripped. The only jiggling area left on me is below the belly button. I had originally planned on cutting til around the 15th of this month, based off my math of calories digested/burned and 500 calorie/day deficiency based off the percentage of what I weighed, when I started this section of the process the first week of September. I'm with you on your thinking, I'm mostly like smaller than I realize. I'm also accustomed to seeing myself as fat, so that mental image that we all have of ourselves comes into play as well. I get the stitches removed from my hand Monday, the grips I ordered will be here tomorrow and next Friday is the 15th. If the doc will allow it, next week/weekend will be a complete assault on the weights at the gym.

Mentally I'm like a toy windup car, just waiting for the Dr. to let me go!
Appreciate 2
JP102463.00
Rmtt8211.00