11-08-2019, 11:14 AM   #1457
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
When I do these particular bent rows (feet on split platform, bar pivots behind me) I do it with my knees bent at about 65degrees, to take the standing pressure on my thighs instead of my lower back. I'm not doing anything any of you would consider heavy, but I am definitely bent at the waist.

Each time I step off, about 2 seconds later I get light-headed. It's almost as if the legs are cut off by the bend in the waist, yet are supporting the weight, and then when I stand all the blood rushes down there.

On the body fat, isn't the true test floating in water??? From the waist down I can't keep off the bottom of the pool. I would expect my belly would keep me afloat, but even face-down I can't stay floating. Last night it pissed me off because even after back/bi night, my arms keep wanting to float to the surface
Same here...I always do them at about a 45° angle unless I'm doing Pendelay rows where the bar starts from the ground each rep. My knees are bent in a a position that if I were holding the bar standing straight up, I just bend forward at the angle mentioned above and let me knees rest where they land.

You can do a Bent Row almost standing straight up as long as you focus on pulling back and keeping your scapula retracted. If doing that, you will feel the muscles contract.

As for body fat....I know you can do hydro-static weighing in a pool where you exhale all the air out of your lungs..then get dunked under. It's supposed to be more accurate than most anything else. But I find calipers accurate enough to track progress. I just want to see numbers moving and not really concerned with what they say.

As JP10 says...the mirror tells all.
King Rudi13152.00