View Single Post
      01-29-2021, 08:11 AM   #2798
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Haha you sound similar to my fiance, but her area of concerns is her arms. Long story short, targeting a specific area does not work. As your overall BF percentage reduces those areas will dwindle. Everyone is different and hold fat in different areas. For myself it would be my stomach & chest. I've never had any success trying to target those areas unfortunately. You can attempt to increase core work (targeting your lower back & obliques), but unless your diet (where I assume the problem might lie) changes then it most likely will remain the same. You can try to counter diet with exercise, but unless your workouts are crazy intense then it wont work.

Hope this wasn't too blunt of a response and good luck!
Good post.

Age plays a big role too. The older you get, the more sensitive your body is likely to become to dietary choices and the more likely it is to expose lapses, gaps, or inadequacies in your workout routine.

As long as your body fat level is not approaching an unhealthily low percentage, and as long as you are prepared to commit to the fight against perhaps increasingly diminishing returns, what I would say to Sara504 is to carefully watch what you eat, and increase/vary your cardiovascular activity. Cut down on whatever foods your particular physiology tends to respond negatively to the most (track it if you need to in order to keep yourself honest). And increase activity in whatever areas your body type tends to respond to the most positively.

At my age, I find that very small changes to inputs (food and diet, but also stress/anxiety) can make noticeable differences. It takes a lot of discipline, and just a couple days of being "off program" can be the difference between seeing that ever so slight "muffin top" (to borrow Sara504's very eloquent imagery ) above the wasteband of my workout attire at the end of the week or not.
Appreciate 2
Sara5791.00
JP102463.00