Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kick 6 View Post
There is a link but it is not known how much is from genetics. Our immune system uses a variety of immunoglobulins to fight of SARS-Cov2. One of the main ones is IgG. IgG has two components, a constant region, which is the same for every IgG immunoglobulin, and a variable region. The variable region is what is specific to each pathogen, like the SARS-Cov2 spike proteins.

Research has shown that every person that ends up in the hospital with severe symptoms or dies from COVID does not have fucosylation of a specific protein on the constant region of their IgG. To put that in laymen's terms, they don't have the sugar fucose on the bottom of their IgG. Further studies have shown that fucose deficient mice suffer much more than mice that have adequate fucose levels. Those same fucose deficient mice had major health improvements when fucose was supplemented.

What this means is that if each person has enough of the sugar fucose, the odds of going into the hospital or having severe adverse effects from COVID is very small. Fucose can be found in the highest quantities in apples, white mushrooms, avocados, seaweed, seeds, and some in nuts.

I recommend that everyone eat a hand full of seeds and nuts daily along with the other foods that contain fucose. The potential problem we face is if we are already fighting something else with IgG when we get COVID. For instance, some foods cause sensitivity reactions that involve IgG. Eating those foods may limit your ability to make enough IgG (with fucose) to fight COVID. That is why I recommend food sensitivity tests to determine what foods you are sensitive too and eliminate those foods from your diet.

I know it is only one person, but we had a 78 year old male patient get COVID and he barely had a sniffle. When I asked him about the things he specifically ate every day, he told me he ate nuts every day and sometimes sunflower seeds.

It is known that women survive COVID at a higher rate than men up until menopause and then the survivability equals out. It just happens that women have much higher fucose levels than men up until after menopause.
Hold my beer while I go buy huge amount of nuts from Costco!
Appreciate 0