12-27-2021, 03:52 PM   #18
AshD
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 40 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbitch View Post
I was under the impression it is air suspension all round as standard? Interesting!!!!!! i wonder if THAT is why I preferred this suspension.. if it was springs.

They didn't give me a spec sheet.

In relation to G05 swap out... I am not entirely sure unless you are loaded. The X5 still is a rare car on the road, its still a massive joy and they hold their value.

Granted this is the only EV I would have - but if I didn't need to change cause I already had a G05 then no way... The hassle of charging - the range is a worry if you are used to the G05. I mean its amazing machine ... but the energy crisis is a real proper concern!

Sure if you had access to a Tesla network great... but if your G05 is spec'd up nice. It's a beast. I cannot afford one. I am sticking with my G11 - I can't justify a 25k to change into a used one. And the chip shortage means who knows when a newy would be delivered.

For EV lovers and green people - the iX50 makes sense but it's the cost of a house. Relax keep the G05 until we know what is going on with energy prices.
Yeah! Don't know if it an option of iX40 only on the 50. I think I'd miss the smoother ride as my current G05 has air suspensions. Mind you, the iX is lower

Also no dealers offers as such nor is BMW offering anything. This car is so new with and the chip shortage, I can't see them offering anything for a while.

My current G05 spec is 👌🏽and agree it's a beast and still love the drive everyday! But I think the iX is as good habit driven it and the interior is AMAZING!
Appreciate 0