Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

Garage List
2020 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
2001 Lexus RX  [0.00]
Get Well Wishes from the USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sward View Post
Today I took delivery of a BMW iX. But not the one I thought, there are some big changes

Two days ago I got a call from another dealar in Stockholm Sweden. I was there about 5 weeks ago trying to buy their showroom iX xDrive 50. I got a hard no. They called me two days ago to ask me if I still wanted to buy their iX xDrive 50. Yes, I wanted that very much. So, I have had a couple of days canceling my iX xDrive 40 and getting new financing done. At 16:45 today everything fell into place and my wife drove me to the dealer so I could collect the car at 17:45, only 15 minutes before they would close for the year.

They think this is the first customer sold car in Scandinavia. There are only 6 registered iX xDrive 50 in Sweden and that includes press cars and showroom cars so it is pretty safe to say that I got the first one. There are about 110 iX xDrive 40.

It is a loaded, black exterior and black interior. It has everything you can option out the car with. There are no more options available.

I'm still positive for Covid-19 so we did an outdoor delivery in the dark cold rain with masks on. Sorry for the bad photos

The drive home was about an hour. The ride is super smooth. And it is so quiet. ID8 is super. But there are some basic differences between the iX and my X5MC. Automatic high beam. It's always on and if I want to turn it off, I must go deep into iDrive. I can't adjust the distance to the car in front of me, its automatic. I can't turn on massage seats in an easy way. Nowhere to press but I have to read mote about this. There are cameras in the cabin that I can watch from the app. The sound system is superior the one I got in my X5MC. The 8 shortcut buttons are gone but you can still crate shortcuts that are available when pushing iDrive forward
I left Lexus after owning 3 RX SUV's and joined BMW in 2012 with my first BMW X5. I purchased my 2012 and am leasing my 2020 X5. I thought that I would change BMW's every three years. However, I fell in love with the 2022 iX the first time I saw it online. I just about jumped out of the car when I saw one in person at our local EV exposition last summer. I had planned to lease a X6 in 2022, but that idea changed entirely. I ordered my iX in Aug. 2021 in Aventurin Red, just like the one at the EV exposition. I brought my husband over to the BMW family from Audi, when he bought his 2019 X3 m40i. I think that he regrets not buying a X5 however, every time that he is "allowed" to drive mine. He ordered his iX in Phytonic Blue. I think he configured all the options available. Our leases expire this summer. Needless, to say we will be purchasing these vehicles. If there is a delay in delivery this summer, BMW Financial told us that they will extend our leases as needed.
Glad to see that your driving experience is similar to the reviews that I see on YouTube. My salesman says that the two Lithium ion batteries are warranted for 9 years. Maintenance will be minimal compared to my X5's and of course no more paying rising gasoline prices. Congratulations on your purchase. Looking forward to driving mine home too. Thanks for your review.
Appreciate 6
sward631.50
volodp196.50
AshD101.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
wesleyan921396.00
yousefnjr6157.50