View Single Post
      03-14-2019, 04:48 PM   #1
FSXpilotChris
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 REx

Exclamation Problems With i3 E-Transmission Possibly?

I've driven other i3 models and haven't noticed this problem, so I am unsure if anyone else has this issue. I will set up a simple scenario: While slowing down to a stop sign (2-3 mph range), I accelerate, the car does not ease into the motion of acceleration. Another instance is in stop-and-go traffic. I'm not talking about torque, rather it seems that the car's transmission has an issue where the car jerks forward all of a sudden. Please do not come at me telling it's the torque, because I realize electric vehicles are notorious for that, but it's the jerking sensation that is concerning. An analogy would be the sensation you get when you stall a manual vehicle where your head goes back and the car jerks forward, thus preventing a smooth transition from stopping to going. If no one is still clear about what I am talking about, I would be happy to upload a video of this scheme occurring.

P.S. I was told by my dealer that it could be an issue with the motor mounts, but I took it to another mechanic and he said they were fine. I don't know what the issue is. 2014 BMW i3 REx.
Appreciate 0