View Single Post
      08-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #9
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
750 hp would be fantastic! But hopefully it comes via the combination of a more powerful battery and internal combustion motor (same configuration as the current model only more powerful/efficient). Could rival the Porsche 918 from a performance perspective. Give it some more battery-only range like 40 miles and that would be a winner.

But that won't happen at the current price point. Current model right now is being heavily subsidized by BMW and their dealers (BMW increasing residual, decreasing money factor, adding incentives, and dealers taking losses).

Whatever the new model has in store, I have to imagine that it will look different - primarily the rear in order to improve driver visibility, get larger in order to have a trunk, change the monocoque and dihedral doors so the rest of the general public can actually get in and out of the car without fuss. The current version will retain the significant uniqueness in that regard however looks to be obsolete rather quickly just like any new tech.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0