03-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #127
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3 View Post
I don't mean to have Omega warranty it and do a free service.

I'm talking about paying for the $550 maintenance service where the watch gets completely taken apart, every part inspected and cleaned, replace all the gaskets, etc etc.

Except this service would be done with a brand new grey market Omega instead of an older non grey market Omega that just needs maintenance.

Would Omega let a customer pay the $550 to service a grey market Omega and then would they still put the 2 year warranty that is included in the factory service?
It's been a few years since I've collected Omegas (used to have a Speedy triple date, 3575 moonphase, and the old Bond Seamaster chronograph; now only have a couple of vintages left, I'll post a pic later on) but I never had a problem in the past taking an Omega in for paid service to an authorized service center.

Like mentioned above, they won't honor the Omega warranty if it wasn't purchased from an AD, but you can pay for the service and then they'll warranty that service. I used to even send watches back to Bienne for that, not sure if Omega still lets you do that. There's a pretty vibrant after market community so Omega sees a lot of watches with a lot of different owners getting service.

Just make sure, especially if you're buying grey market or second hand, that the watch does have intact serial numbers.
Appreciate 0