View Single Post
      09-07-2019, 12:32 PM   #5
flgfish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 E91, 2015 911 C2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
We're visiting both cities. Family is in Arlington so we figured as long as we're making the trip we might as well see something else. My wife found some interesting things to do/see in the AAA book. We currently (can be changed) have reservations downtown Houston (Holiday Inn on Bell st) and the Hampton Inn in Galveston.

We did San Antonio a couple of years ago.
If I had a day in Houston, I'd look at the Museum District & Hermann Park area. Lots of interesting culture in that area. The zoo and the Houston Museum of Natural Science are both great & right there. It's also not a long drive to NASA. Their static display of the Saturn V rocket is one of the most impressive things you'll see anywhere.

Houston has incredible food all over town. It's a diverse town of migrants, so you can pretty much find whatever your heart desires. I'm told we have the largest Vietnamese population outside of Vietnam, and the southwest part of town has the best Vietnamese food you'll find in the US, if that's your style.

Galveston is just, well, Galveston. You have the water, and you have the pier, and you have the touristy stuff. Kemah, not far from Galveston, is an attraction and fun for kids especially. The water has been blue instead of brown lately, so fingers crossed it stays that way a couple more weeks.
Appreciate 1