Rep
Drives: 04' M3

Garage List
1971 2002  [0.00]
2004 M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
Woah, nice tube gear - I don't recognise any of it lol!
15 year-old VTL with vintage & matched NOS, Siemens, Telefunken & Mullard vacuum tubes. The tubes alone are difficult to find, plus, when you do find em' they aren't being given away. Hoy! The currently-produced, relatively inexpensive, Eastern-block tubes, however, sound horrible, thick, slow, gray, soft and confused. Ick.

The RTR's are 30 year-old Teacs, a 1/4 track for everyday use plus a 1/2 track for the occasional audiophile 'fix', both tape-recorders are refurbished and sound terrific. A Nakamichi cassette recorder plus a new Marantz CD player complete the 'collection'. The McIntosh MC 2105 power amp is mint w/all original paperwork, the thing sounds wonderful, at least for SS, very tube-like.

The turntables are a Project Perspective with custom c'weight, the other turntable is a total hot-rod, AR ES-1 plinth, RB-300 arm w/Incognito wires, Thorens platter, custom c'weight & height shims. Both tables run Monster alpha Genesis 1000 carts, each cart has less than 100 hrs. per. My 'stereo' sounds awesome. I really enjoy it.:smile:

Everything is juiced through a Monster Power, Signature HTPS 7000, power conditioner. Power conditioners are essential for truly high-end sound, you'd be surprised how much improvement can be had by feeding your gear clean power.

“To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.” – George Mason
Appreciate 0