06-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #1193
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
One of the very few people i'm connected with on MFP finally asked me the other day. "Why do you write all that stuff for your bike work outs and why do you report the 0.2 pounds lost every day?"

I guess she didn't know that my Garmin automatically configures the workout type and level based on my average speed. And i have an Aria fitbit scale that is connected to wifi. So it all uploads automatically.

If i had to report my exercises & daily weight to MFP there would be lots of holes in my data. haha

This kind of stuff keeps me motivated....

Sunday we went for a recovery ride on the Causeway. Bridge that connects Tampa to Clearwater. This has a section of bridge that goes up high so boats can go under it. The first time the wife and i did that ride she had to wait for me at the top of the bridge, it was the first hill i had climbed with a road bike.

I went back and looked at my garmin data from December and found that i averaged 9mph and it took me 2:53 to get to the top. I vividly remember this because it was painful and i was at Vo2 max all the way up.

This past weekend, on a recovery ride, it took me only 1:12 to hit the top. On top of that, i felt like i could have doubled that 23 mile ride when we were done with it. Even though we didn't really treat it as a recovery ride because of racing the storm back to the car.
I actually love the summaries for your routines on MFP LOL. I am always entertained. And you burn a shit ton. Haha.

But that is AWESOME! Congratulations man! See, progress milestones that become more tangible through application are the sweetest victories. I'm proud of you man! Were you taking anything (preworkout stuff or whatever) at that time, or no?

I'm sure a bit of adrenaline kicked in at the end. She should do the bulk of the wet riding, anyway.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 1