View Single Post
      09-11-2019, 12:04 AM   #24
NEfan508
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Wow so many big ballers here, OP is renting out his house not becoming a realestate investor

some on here hate the liability of life, if this happens or if that happens, yes you could get really financially fu**ed but I don't think you will, just be careful with finding 1 good tenet that's it

I'm small potato's here, in Boston/Cambridge/Somerville, forget the students go for the same sex couples! fat same sex is my target, I have a few triple deckers and some single family's all priced a few hundred under market value

I was in FL one recent Christmas, a renter called me about a lightbulb out in the common area hallway, ok I'm 1500 miles away, I said go in the basement I have a box with a few spares, the MF refused saying it's not her job and she is holding the rent until it's replaced ?!?!? Are you fucking kidding me? College student...

It's illegal to discriminate so be careful, city sometimes will call and test you, I discriminate not by color or sex BUT by kids, I personally have twin girls and a boy, I'm fully aware I have animal children (they break everything)

Most on here are giving great advice "big ballers" but it's overkill in your case imo, put it on Facebook/Craigslist for rent, Go to your bank for the necessary paperwork (proper state lease agreements) also any landlord is required to keep a tenant's security deposit in a separate, interest-bearing bank account (escrow) in Massachusetts.

Off topic, your bank does notary and has other valuable paperwork available to its customers like bill of sales blank PDFs for your boat, RV and or vehicle specific to your state (nothing off the shelf from online) worth a call to your branch, your already a customer use what's available to you
Appreciate 0