View Single Post
      09-12-2019, 06:33 PM   #30
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Didn't really read the other replies, but just do yourself a favor, learn from my failure and get a background check...

In my heyday I never used to have problems with roommates when they rented my spare rooms so I didn't think much of it, but the final time is where I learned my lesson: The guy seemed cool at first, and since his dad was paying the whole thing by Venmo, I don't have to worry about him squandering his rent on something stupid (like what happened with a friend whose roommate celebrated 4/20 buying a shitload of nugs first and tried asking for forgiveness later).

However, although it's a long, sad story of a misunderstanding going horribly wrong, he didn't tell me about being on parole, so it was "fun" having random inspections by the cops every few weeks. However, he got nabbed for speeding on his bike and they detained him, which although he was released the next morning, it resurfaced his PTSD of the horrible shit he saw in the slammer and he started drinking like a fish...

The apartment was in disarray (I'm a neat freak, so this pissed me off... I'm the type doesn't leave the house without making my bed and cleans the house from top to bottom every Sunday afternoon), some things got broken, and he even raided my liquor cache; I don't know whether to be impressed or livid that WITHIN ONE WEEK (as in I had a rum+Coke one Friday and it was all gone the next), he polished off a 5th of Stoli, Patrón, Sailor Jerry, a Macallan 18 I got as a birthday gift in my heyday, and even motherfucking Asian cooking wine in the pantry (Although it's awesome with certain Asian dishes, I tried just a spoonful of it on its own while making steamed fish and it was nasty AF).

Had I known his record, I definitely would've not taken him in.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0