Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
I agree to an extent.

I keep my cars for 4-5 years, i would love to keep it longer but circumstances change and it's difficult to find a car that does it all.

Example: My 2 door coupe which is my dream car will soon need to be replaced by a 4 door when the baby pops out or as my parents get older and less mobile they won't be able to climb into my low slung coupe (already struggling).

Maybe when i can justify a 2nd car i can keep hold for much much longer.
Meh - with respect to the OP and your comments, you kind of prove his point.

I've had three cars since my daughter was born: A 2013 BMW E93, a 2002 Ferrari 360 Spider, and a 2016 MINI Cooper S. None have had more than two doors and I've managed just fine. She is now almost 5 years old. In addition, my 76yo mother in law and 70yo mother get in and out of these cars just fine.

Not saying it is bad for you to go and buy a 4 door, but don't think it is a must just because you have a kid. Many folks, including me, have only had 2 door cars and get along just fine.

On this side of the pond, I see so many people say "oh no, I had a kid, need to sell my Honda Accord and go by a massive 3 row Chevy Suburban because I need the room". What the fuck.
Rmtt8206.00
Mavus2026.00
scanspeak353.50
GERMAN M34181.00