View Single Post
      03-06-2024, 04:13 PM   #7
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

I would never imagine paying for everyone that would be insane unless I'm rich and wealthy enough to do that, and even then that shouldn't be the expectation but more of a gift. And I would also never expect to split the cheque with everyone at the table. Imagine I order for 70$ and someone only orders 30$, makes no sense to me. We always split the bills individually. I've had no issues with servers doing this, USA always amazes me with their weird restaurant processes reading how it's a problem to split bills down there, or like just how the tip works and you have to write it on the bill is so weird.

That said, in a birthday party setting, I like to offer to pay for the one who has the birthday. In most cases the one who has the birthday is the organiser as well in our group. Sometimes people jump in with me and we split their bill sometimes not (still young so not everyone has a lot of money), no big deal.

I guess my point is there should never be an expectation to not pay for your own things when you are invited somewhere unless clearly told to you.
Appreciate 2
xander_g1018.00