View Single Post
      04-16-2021, 11:06 PM   #250
khlambo
Rep
Drives: 1997 Lamborghini Diablo Roadst

Badging snobbery... difference between Lambo's and i8...I think the i8 is just as if not more exotic/spaceship looking than the SV...but what I've noticed in the 100 miles i've put on the i8...the Lambo's get their picture taken at every stop light, gas stop, etc. The i8, people don't know what the hell it is, get close, see the BMW roundel, and don't take a pic, cause although she is drop dead gorgeous, she's "just a BMW", if she had a Bull instead of the roundel she would be a photo queen at stop lights. Hence "Badging Snobbery" I might do a "social experiment" with that theory, somehow put a Bull over the roundel and see what happens.
Driving: because of the above, a lot less drama with the i8. Every time you take a Lambo out it's an event: have to worry about parking, people getting to close on the road for pics, etc But actual driving, VERY different experiences of course. The Lambo's are analog V-12's with gated 5 speed manuals, the i8 a digital masterpiece; apples vs watermelons. The Diablo's are '97 & '98, 550ish HP with a few minor mods, but they are big girls; 0-60 4 secondish, just like the i8. Haven't had the i8 above 100ish yet, but I think that's where the V-12's will start walking away, quickly. i8 MUCH more comfortable due to being modern and an absolute BLAST!! Haven't stopped smiling yet!
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
ChiTownM1062.00
bigj505359.00
EdM54066.00