View Single Post
      06-18-2022, 07:14 AM   #1
npa201
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 m50i, IX 50, Rivian R1S

2022 MY IX ordered but Production Status still in “order received.” Thoughts?

Hi all,

I ordered my IX in mid-January from my local dealership. The SA stated that a previous customer had cancelled their reservation but they still had the slot. Put my deposit with them and my IX is fairly heavily optioned with nearly everything checked off other than ventilated seats. At the time, the SA said he expected delivery around August.

I get we are in a global supply chain crunch and my understanding is some production was initially impacted when the Ukraine invasion started but its mid-June and I’m still seeing the production status as “order received” on the BMWUSA website. It still says its a 2022 model year which is good but should I be worried at this point that this will not make August or even September? I would think that since it says 2022 MY, that the SA was being legit that this was an actual allocated slot for them because I hard heard all 2022’s were spoke for initially. But maybe he fibbed.

Another concern is I actually was playing around with the website a few weeks ago with an M60 build and it said there was one nearby already in production (my dealership). I called and he said it was already optioned out and will be delivered in July but was still available for sale. My hesitation was it was another $10k but more importantly was the red outside color which I’m not a huge fan of. By the end of the day it had sold which made it a moot point. Still, I’m kind of annoyed that the m60’s were prioritized over the supposed initial IX 50 allocations (if that was true). Also annoyed that the SA didn’t actually give me a call about the m60 as I had actually asked around April about the m60 ordering process and at the time he said that wouldn’t be delivered until 2023. My guess is this SA is lazy but at this point it seems like there is nothing I can do?

Lastly, while looking on my current order, I noticed the color says Dark Graphite Metallic. I ordered Sophisto Grey. I see on the actual contract I signed back in January that it does say Sophisto Grey. Are these colors the same and its just a name thing or did something change?

Thanks all.
Appreciate 0