01-15-2019, 12:20 PM   #2151
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
I appreciate you saying this, but there is so much back and forth with what to do and what not to do regarding fitness.

Agree, its an industry built on lies

My goals are to lose 55 pounds first, then add some some muscle and definition. I'm 5'10' and weighed 211 pounds as of the first week of November. I wanted to shed the fat first as not to be one of those guys who always looks fat but is solid. I want to be lean not swole.

You really want to weigh 165? That's light man, like really light. If you're concerned and want solid muscle definition I would shoot for around 175lbs end game.

I've talked to several people concerning my goals and how to get there and all the advice has been the same. Eat a good breakfast, eat a good lunch, eat clean, eat lean and lots of protein. I have also been told not to eat anything past 5:00.

Good advice if losing fat is your main priority, but if you're attempting to maintain mass this will be difficult. I've done this in the past and I started to lose so much muscle that it become disheartening to remove my sweatshirt in the gym lmao (arms weren't small by comparison, but I could see myself deteriorating and just becoming weaker due to lack of nutrition).

I do have whey protein before the gym and immediately after and I'm seeing results. The last time I was on a scale was about 2 weeks ago and I was at 186 pounds so I've lost 25 pounds in just a little over two months.

Good, but real unprocessed sources of protein are also good alternatives, it doesn't need to be protein powder! But you did say you were working out late so it's definitely good that you're getting nutrition after that 5PM cutoff.

I also realize that muscle weighs more than fat shich is why I don't weigh often. I don't want to be discouraged by what the scales say so I gauge my progress by using a mirror and how my clothes fit.

Fact, and judging by your weightloss, 211-->186, without seeing you, you most likely lost some muscle during this time. Meaning you could probably benefit from increasing your macro intake. You're going about it the right way as far as judge by the mirror not the scale.

I do eat, but I do recognize that I need to be sleeping more. From what I understand by advice from friends and reading, it's a combination of eating better (i.e staying away from fried food, processed sugars, etc.) building lean muscle, cardio, less stress and plenty of sleep. On the weekends, due to my work schedule, I work out early in the morning and always eat some form of carbs and protein within 30 minutes after.

Nailed it. Although my lifts are usually more heavy weight/intermediate rep range intensive, keeping joint health in mind, I feel that this develops healthier fuller looking muscles over time. Good that you're getting the carbs in too, some do the keto diet where you cut carbs. I'll be honest if you're trying to gain or even maintain muscle with the keto regimen as a male it is very difficult. No carbs will drain you in the gym.

I'm also taking a test booster w/a fat burner and take fiber pills directly after eating every meal.

Blah, not about the test boosters, if you feel you need that go get a blood panel see your levels and make the decision with your doctor to pursue TRT or not. 95% of the time they, meaning test boosters, are placebo. Or you're unknowingly messing with your hormones (not necessarily a good thing unless you know what you're doing), you'd have to check the active ingredients. Fat burners are usually just huplah and caffiene, skeptical about these as well. Lol as you can tell I'm not a big supplment guy, only thing I take is preworkout, as I said the fitness industry is built on lies.
Well those are my opinions, but keep in mind everyones body/metabolism is different. Not one method works for everyone.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00