05-11-2020, 04:48 PM   #33
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I got my driver's license in Michigan. Just over Ambasador Bridge from Canada. And there I had to worry and look out for Smokey while pulling 165mph runs outside the tracks.

Then I come here, and literally trade my license for a German one with no additional hasslle (and even before than for 6 months your US license is good) and woila! No more pesky speed limits! And guess what? It's FINE! No more crazy crashes here than anywhere else. The roads are nice, and people stay right except to pass. Otherwise you get a missile up your ass. Like it should be.

And if you do get caught, it's by a camera. 25 over is 30 Euro. No one will chase you down for doing 30 over.

That's why I call this country civilized. "Felony" and "Speeding" should not be used in a same sentence in any modern nation. And if they are, that nation (including US) is doing something majorly wrong. There is a better way. No one should go to jail because they drove.The end.

Well said. Let the big dogs eat!
When I have driven in Germany - it always takes me a few days to get it in my head they do not have near the asshats we do in the states that will no look slide to the left right in front of a car going 20-30 mph faster than them. Even here going 80 you have to watch out for these morons. Then you see those trucks who are going SLOWER than they do in the states and you are going double their speed and you just KNOW they are going to slide right over when you get close, but they don't. They drive correctly there and it is so refreshing. I am sure they have moron drivers too - but nothing like we do here. There is one every 30 minutes per highway travel at least here.

It is a great feeling for a few days for sure. They will certainly give you a missile up the ass too - I know what you mean! Lights and horn both even if you are going 100 MPH! LOL
5.M0NSTER3359.50
Germanauto9731.00
WolfGTI716.00