Neo-Luddite
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i, 330i 6MT RWD Sport

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Its always been pretty simple: burn more calories than you take in.
This is a truism, while factually correct it's completely useless as a weigh loss strategy. It's akin to telling a poor person all he needs to do to solve his problems is to get more money. Well duh. It's useless advice because food isn't comprised of "calories", it's made up of fats, carbohydrates and proteins, with various vitamins and minerals as well. Your body has a completely different hormonal response to equivalent amounts of "calories" of steak or vegetables or say coca cola or krispy-kreme. Your body has certain requirements for vitamins and minerals, as well as protein and essential fatty acids EPA and DHA. This is why you can dump vast quantities of "calories" into your body but if it's requirements aren't met you will be compelled to keep eating, and there's no amount of willpower that will be able to stop you in the long term. If you eat biologically appropriate foods at biologically appropriate frequency (once or twice a day eating) you will never have to count "calories" because you'll stop eating when you get the Leptin signals that your requirements have been met for the day. Insulin resistance is at the root of all these problems, anyone who doesn't know what this is or understand it's implications should do themselves a favor and research it, it's where the answers lie, not in truisms about calories.

Last edited by 3PedalJake; 06-27-2021 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 4
chassis6625.50
shoei7779.00
arkie6397.00