View Single Post
      06-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #160
fishpond
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8

Hi all

I seem to be having some issues with my Maxhaust that I installed yesterday and I am hoping some of you that have it up and running can help me.

When the car is parked and I switch on the i8, the Maxhaust comes on (the Maxhaust "idle" sound is present). I remember seeing some comments on here saying that the Maxhaust only comes on when the gas/petrol engine is on, but mine kicks in as soon as I start the car in Comfort mode (ie the gas engine hasn't yet started but the car is on and ready to drive). The only way to completely shut off the Maxhaust idle sound is to press the E-drive button.

Question: Is this working correctly? Should I hear the Maxhaust "idle" sound in Comfort mode when the engine has yet kicked in?

Also when I drive the car, the Maxhaust seems to have a fault... the Maxhaust works initially for a while, then goes dead for a while and then comes back on... and then goes dead again and come back again and continues to repeat this problem. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to this intermittent issue - the fault seems to occur at random times and the outage can be from 5-20 seconds or longer. I tested this in all modes (sport, comfort and eco-pro) and the problem exists in all modes. I have checked all the wiring by disconnecting and reconnecting them to see if there might be a loose connection, but there doesn't seem to be and the problem is still there.

Question: has anyone else seen this issue, or any thoughts on what the issue could be?

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0