Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Remember this? ROS drove literally straight into the corner and forced HAM to take evasive action to prevent a shunt-ending debacle...this was a clear example and egregious error on ROS's part.

VER did not enter the right hand turn at the normal point (more left) and entered the turn (more right or closer to the apex)....this is a VERY tight radius right hand turn....VER could not take the normal line into the turn because LEC was there, so it forced VER to be squeezed lower into the turn's apex, thus causing VER to have to "square-off" the turn a bit....food for thought.
I remember it well. Not the same. Compare the lap the incident happened to the lap before. The cars were positioned similarly at on both laps under braking and VER did not lock up. It was a decision to place the car there and deny racing room along with the bump of the Ferrari on exit.

Again, I watched this type of racing in the 90's and early 2000's. I'm not a fan.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0