View Single Post
      04-04-2022, 11:11 PM   #11
LewG988
Banned
Rep
Drives: m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I attended the i4 UDE yesterday at Tobay Beach in Long Island. The event was very well coordinated and the instructors were all excellent. I was able to drive the i4M50 for 3 laps each for 3 turns on the autocross track. They asked you to use 'B' mode on the first run to get the feel of the track. Because of the COVID protocols, the instructors don't ride along with you, but each car has a walkie talkie so they can instruct you through the course.

The instant power from the start is just crazy. Surprisingly, BMW does do a good job of hiding the mass of the car through the turns. Obviously, the all wheel drive system does help. I love how there's power throughout the whole band. Don't have to worry about the sweet spot as it's always on tap.

Almost all the i4's were fully loaded. I didn't get to really play with the iDrive system since you were in and out of the car. I got to drive a Tanzanite blue version and I'm so glad I chose that color! It looks really beautiful. All and all, a fun event with good people. If you're waiting on your order, you won't be disappointed. BMW really nailed the most important aspect of an all EV in terms of driving dynamics. Especially, for its first attempt at a grand coupe. It will only get better in models years to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I attended the i4 UDE yesterday at Tobay Beach in Long Island. The event was very well coordinated and the instructors were all excellent. I was able to drive the i4M50 for 3 laps each for 3 turns on the autocross track. They asked you to use 'B' mode on the first run to get the feel of the track. Because of the COVID protocols, the instructors don't ride along with you, but each car has a walkie talkie so they can instruct you through the course.

The instant power from the start is just crazy. Surprisingly, BMW does do a good job of hiding the mass of the car through the turns. Obviously, the all wheel drive system does help. I love how there's power throughout the whole band. Don't have to worry about the sweet spot as it's always on tap.

Almost all the i4's were fully loaded. I didn't get to really play with the iDrive system since you were in and out of the car. I got to drive a Tanzanite blue version and I'm so glad I chose that color! It looks really beautiful. All and all, a fun event with good people. If you're waiting on your order, you won't be disappointed. BMW really nailed the most important aspect of an all EV in terms of driving dynamics. Especially, for its first attempt at a grand coupe. It will only get better in models years to come.
Cool
Appreciate 0