View Single Post
      04-22-2022, 06:16 PM   #14
russell21
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnx5er View Post
I've owned way too many BMWs (20+) over the years. My latest is a 2021 X5 40i. I also have a Kia EV6 which is my first EV. The EV6 is surprisingly good - better than the Model Y for me.

I've been hesitant to drive the iX. Some early pictures bothered me a bit and I couldn't see how BMW would improve on the X5 50i much less some other EVs.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

The iX is a phenomenal piece of engineering. My favorite BMW that I've driven. The power is obvious, but the overall dynamics of it is amazing. Wonderful open cabin with great seats that added to the experience. Yes, I really liked it

I'm sure others have nitpicked the dumb cupholders. I'm also not a fan of a push button to open the door and some of the dumbing down of the interface to the car. iDrive 8 is new to me, I need more time with it. Also miss the extra cargo space the X5 has.

I drove the X5 45e right after the iX. The 45e is a great SUV but just wasn't close to the iX in handling or suspension. I love the X5, but it felt dated compared to the iX.

My dealer said they will have some iX models for sale soon. They are from people that cancelled their orders. So I may get a shot at one before my order is made in the fall.

Congrats to those who already have an iX. I'm sure the first year teething will be a challenge, but it is an amazing ride.
except when you need a charge and there's no chargers available and you just pull in to a gas station and presto you off again
Appreciate 0