kjx
///M ♥ Recycled Dinosaurs
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4, BMW X5 45e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc42 View Post
Here are some additional facts. I was passing through Baker, CA, on the way to Vegas a few weeks ago and I stopped at the charging facilities to see how busy they were.

The first photo is the Tesla Supercharger. 40 stations, all in use. It was Sunday afternoon, and these were all people going home from Vegas.

The second photo is the line of Teslas waiting for an available charger.

The third photo is Electrify America, literally right next to the superchargers. Six chargers, not a single one in use. EVgo also has six chargers in Baker; two of those were in use.

Yes, at any location where both Tesla Superchargers and Electrify America are both present, there will easily be four times as many Superchargers present. But there are far more Teslas on the road than all other EVs combined. That is a fact that cannot be ignored.
Agreed on what you're saying. But while a Tesla can charge at Electrify America stations (it's unclear why nobody bothered in the photos you provided), non-Teslas can't charge at Tesla superchargers (yet).

And well, full/partial ICE cars don't have to deal with any of this unless a hurricane is bearing down. It's good that some people are actively contributing to the development of an economy around electric cars and charging stations so that it grows organically to a point that it doesn't suck as much relative to non-electric cars.
deutsch1003940.50