Drives: 2023 BMW i4 M50

Garage List
2023 BMW i4 M50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriz2fer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Its easy: you want to be green for a change
You are not slowing climate change buying that car. It’s for ego and self worth.
It's a move in the right direction, EV's today have a lower carbon footprint than ICE vehicles, even taking into account manufacturing. This is especially true if you take into account people that generate their own electricity through solar panels. So yes, EV's are green. In addition BMW doesn't use rare materials in their electric motors and also they make sure the lithium that goes into their factories is ethically and sustainably mined.

For this and other electric vehicle myths you can start here: https://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/el...-vehicle-myths

I don't think this is a discussion about facts though, this is more of a discussion of present vs future, old vs new, ICE vs BEV. People had similar conversations and debates going from horse powered carriages to motor transport over 100 years ago. In another 100 years or so, the only place we'll see ICE vehicles will be in automotive history museums. Most people will always be resistant to change.
Appreciate 2
KoenG1428.50