View Single Post
      05-03-2022, 01:15 PM   #8
techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Great review because unlike most reviewers, they don't talk about how it's built and what goes into it.

But, many of you are missing the point. The i4 is not supposed to be compared to other BMW ICE vehicles. It's being compared to other electric vehicles. Many of us, including myself, can afford any 3/4 series or M3/M4. We have many reasons why we're choosing to go with the i4. It's a change to electric motors and the future of automobiles. There's plenty of threads to debate the differences between ICE vs. electric.
That's pretty much my point.
I can buy just about any BMW and definitely any 3,4 or 5M car.

I chose the i4 M50 not as a track car; but my daily driver.

I get blazing performance, handling as good as the E90 with B8 and sport springs that I had (at least on public roads) and I also get carpool lane access.

Is the M3 a better track car? Yes, but it's not a real track car until you put in on a diet and get rid of the rear seats. If you want to call an M3 a track car you better be buying a stripper with no sunroof and most other comfortable amenities.

My E90 was.gping to be my track car unt it got totaled. I also have a Cooper S (2003) that looks like it's going to get upgraded to be my weekend track car.
Nahlem1144.00
falconey483.00
deutsch1003942.00