TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Great review because unlike most reviewers, they don't talk about how it's built and what goes into it.

But, many of you are missing the point. The i4 is not supposed to be compared to other BMW ICE vehicles. It's being compared to other electric vehicles. Many of us, including myself, can afford any 3/4 series or M3/M4. We have many reasons why we're choosing to go with the i4. It's a change to electric motors and the future of automobiles. There's plenty of threads to debate the differences between ICE vs. electric.
With the i4, you want to compare it to a 3er or 4er because IMO, you want to see how close it really is to its ICE counterparts. That's the huge draw for me in wanting to get an i4. Take away the fact it's powered by batteries, it's a BMW through and through.. I don't think this gets spoken about enough. I don't care about the M badge, I don't care about instant torque. I get it, it's an EV and that's what sells but BMW is able to package everything and keep its price close to an ICE 3er/4er. Can't say the same about Mercedes/Audi/Porsche right now since they're offering their EVs over $100k.
Appreciate 3