View Single Post
      08-18-2020, 03:31 PM   #1
MolarBear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 LCI

Servicing/maintenance costs (UK?)

Enquired about getting a maintenance plan from my local dealership.

Car is currently at 4,000 and registered Nov 18, and has a service pack (that came with original car) that is due to expire November 2021. It was serviced 600 miles ago, last month. By November 21 I'll probably have done another 12,000 miles.

I told the woman quoting me that there was a service pack on the car, due to expire in mid November.

I was quoted the following plan - £1,024.33 either as a one off or in instalments which would cover the following:

S1 - Oil and Microfilter + - 'due' 30,000 miles / November 21 - conveniently just after my original service pack expires?
S2 - Oil and Microfilter - 45,000 miles / July 22
S3 - Oil and Microfilter + 60,000 miles / Jan 24

Oil and Microfilter - is just Oil Service, Microfilter, fluid top up
Oil and Microfilter + - Air filter, brake fluid, fluids, microfilter, oil service, Spark Plugs, Vehicle check.

Also includes 1 MOT, 4 map updates. It seems pretty good..?

Questions please:
1. As part of the included 3 year service pack, am I meant to have the S1 / 'second service' i.e. 'the major service' included from the original service plan or should I be paying for this as part of the paid for maintenance package? I'm unsure if I'd be paying for a plan that should already be included?

Or is it condition based and I should try and rush to 18,000 miles (as I heard this was when it was triggered) as quick as possible to get this? Unsure why they've scheduled it literally the same month as when my included service pack is due to expire...? Hmm..

2. What is the cost people have been paying for the major (S1) and minor (S2) services above? The £1,024 cost doesn't see too bad to me, but then again I don't know the stand alone cost of these.

I will need to check if the above £1,024 includes door hinges and belt change too.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0