03-04-2024, 03:05 PM   #85
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
You have never heard "Alice's Restaurant Massacree" before?

It is an 18-minute long rambling anti-war guitar ballad by Arlo Guthrie in the late 1960's, that starts out as a hippie going to Alice's house for Thanksgiving dinner, being arrested for illegal garbage dumping in a small town, getting drafted for Vietnam, and subsequently being rejected by the draft board (sent to the Group W bench with a bunch of hardened criminals) because of his arrest/conviction for littering.

My thought about getting in trouble for driving around with a check engine light to test the evap system in California is just as silly as being arrested for littering in Stockbridge, Massachusets.....
Nope.

I don't know about where you live, but we must pass emissions teats and a CEL is an automatic failure. They can also tell if the light was recently reset and a certain number of drive-cycles need to be completed before the test can be run. Can't register the car without passing smog.

We also face an almost $200 fine for running without a front plate. Our dictator just signed a law creating a "hate-speech hot-line" where one can turn in their neighbor for giving them a dirty look.
Appreciate 0