Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc42 View Post
I won't be able to test drive this car for another week or so, until training is finished, but here's a picture of it anyway (I did get to sit in it). FWIW, I had no problem with the door handles, didn't even remember that others did have a problem.

Note the iX next to it. That belongs to a trainer from BMW (one of the three people I blurred out), who's been driving it up and down the state visiting one dealership after another. He says it gets close to EPA numbers on I-5, which has a 70mph speed limit (and everyone goes 80 or faster). He's also driven it to Reno, and says climbing the Sierras increases power consumption by about 25% going uphill, and of course some of that is recaptured going downhill the other side.

I did ask him why demo cars are lightly optioned, and he said something about (I don't remember exactly the answer) testing production of certain options or combinations of options.

This M50 has: premium package, carbon fiber trim, and the HUD, with Black Perforated SensaTec seats, Alpine White exterior, and 19" 860M Wheels with all season tires.

When I was pulling into the dealer, that i4 was literally right behind me, being driven by my sales rep. That was my first sighting of an i4 outside of pictures and videos--in my rear view mirror. Coincidences happen.
WOW looks great in white! I REALLY wanted white, but then it would be my 4th white car in a row.

The guy who was displaying the i4/iX to me this week said he saw closer to 400 miles on the iX, but this was on FL roads between Orlando to Sarasota, where i-4 and i-75 are reliably gridlocked and when you get up to speed, you will reliably have to flow down for traffic that cuts you off

The one's circulating around Florida is a San Remo Green, Mocha Leather, HUD, HK, Premium Package, Shadow Line, All-season tires, Drivers & Parking assistances, heated/cooled seats, wireless charging, and I'm sure basically all options except the carbon and 20" wheel/tire package.
Appreciate 0