View Single Post
      03-11-2022, 09:33 AM   #21
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz View Post
I think that the clip will resonate perfectly with the target audience. It shows luxury, high tech mobility demystified. When choosing to purchase an iX the target audience will see the purchase decision as emotional rather than practical. BMW creates content like above to play into the emotional aspects. I could go into the likely makeup of the buyer personas and buyer journeys, but what do I know. I’m just a marketer :-p
Well, I'm not a marketer. Just a consumer. You know, the one that this ad is aimed at. But as someone who has been involved in selling high dollar goods in the luxury market, let me tell you, this type of "marketing" falls very, very flat. It tries to invoke a narrative that reads completely false. People love to buy a story, but only a true story, not a fairy tale. No one I know looks or acts like this.

I am, 110%, the target audience for the iX. Demographically, economically, tech wise, etc. I already own an electric vehicle and other high end luxury marques. This crap does not resonate with me at ALL. It looks completely fake and is an insulting turn off.
Appreciate 4